Your post feed in FAYVO is going to be a lot more expressive now. After understanding our user behavior and handling a couple of accounts, FAYVO has introduced 'Reactions' to your posts. Basically, this is not a new feature but an extension to the existing one. Previously, you had the 'Like' button on every post. Be it a TV show, movie, song, music album, travel destination, restaurant, or anything; you could add your 'likeness' to the post.
What’s the hype about?
Updating your app to its latest version will now bring up options of 'reactions.' All you have to do is long-press the 'Like' icon, and you are presented with opportunities to express whether you "Like," "Love," "Haha," "Wow," "Sad," or "Angry" a post. These emojis will say how you feel about the post, and their icons are named on the basis of the message they will convey to the audience. Users can now access five additional animated emojis with which to express themselves.
The mission to build 'Reactions' is based on user convenience. Team FAYVO always values its users and thinks about a more nuanced platform for users to interact with posts for the obvious reason that not every post is likable. So, just like Facebook, where you can share how you feel about a particular post, we've implemented the same feature in the FAYVO app.
How will the 'Reactions' assist you?
Every day, people come to FAYVO, explore the world of favorites, and add their own. Most of the time, they are just scrolling through the feed and discovering what's happening nearby and around the world. They experience a variety of emotions while seeing different types of posts. Some of them are happy, a few are sad, and many posts are funny or thought-provoking.
Newsfeed is the main page where you get all the updates about your friends, family, and fellows. It displays everything that matters to you, or you feel interested in. That's why just 'liking' all the posts wasn't serving the purpose. Let's say, for example, you love a horror movie and watched it 10 times. So, when you see someone sharing the same movie, you'd like to add your opinion to it. And the first line you'll say is, 'I simply love this movie. Easily expressed by reactions, you can now 'LOVE' a post.
What can you do with FAYVO reactions?
Using the reactions, users can now have the following privileges:
- They'll experience smooth expression animation when they long tap on the Like button.
- A user can add their reactions both on post cells and post details.
- The expression will be posted as soon as the user leaves its touch on a specific expression.
- The list of people who reacted to the same post can be seen from the post details page. Here you'll see all the users' specific expressions with their profiles in the list.
- When any of your posts get the reaction, you'll be notified as "username_XYZ reacted to your post." with specific emoji in the notification bar.
- If you want to undo the reaction, you'll tap on emoji to undo it.
- The user will also be able to change the emoji anytime like if a user gave a heart emoji to the post, they could change it to another by simply doing the same action.
That's all for now. Use the FAYVO app to stop hunting for your favorite movies, music, restaurants, travel destinations, and books. It's all in one place. As promised, team FAYVO will continue learning and listening to feedback to ensure that you love the platform. For now, we have a set of reactions that will be useful for everyone. We hope you'll enjoy them!
We heard our people and understood that there should be more ways to easily and quickly express how something you see in the news feed makes you feel. That’s why we added REACTIONS.